In order to be eligible for a Good Food Award, spirits entries must meet the following standards:
• Made in the USA or US territories.
• Utilize ingredients that are grown and sourced responsibly, with awareness of origin, seasonality, trade and labor practices.
• If the primary ingredient is a fruit, it is sourced domestically where possible, and grown without the use of synthetic herbicides, pesticides, fungicides or fertilizers. Where a grain is the primary ingredient there is a strong effort made to use ingredients free of these inputs wherever possible.
• Free of artificial ingredients, including colors, flavors and preservatives.
• Distilled without genetically modified ingredients, including the use of GM corn to produce grain neutral spirits.
Additionally, spirits entries must fit within one of the following subcategories:
• Fruit-Based Distillates
*We will consider IPM practices for certain fruits on a case-by-case basis
Please note that modifiers such as bitters, shrubs, syrups, tinctures, concentrates, drinking vinegars and flavor extracts should be entered into the new Elixirs category.