In order to be eligible for a Good Food Award, pickles entries must meeting the following standards:
• Made in the USA or US territories.
• Free of artificial ingredients, including colors, flavors and preservatives.
• Free of genetically modified ingredients.
• Made with domestic, non-petroleum based vinegar, where vinegar is used.
• And unpasteurized, if the product is kombucha.
• Made with ingredients that are foraged or grown:
• With respect for seasonality.*
• Without the use of synthetic inputs, including herbicides, pesticides, fungicides or fertilizers.
Additionally, pickles entries must fit within one of the following subcategories:
*Ingredients that make up less than 2% of the product, such as spices, may be sourced from farther afield.
Does this sound like you? Enter your pickles in the 2018 Good Food Awards from now until July 31, 2017. (Please note that products will not be eligible for entry if they won a Good Food Award in 2017.)