In order to be eligible for a Good Food Award, pickles entries must meeting the following standards:
• Made in the USA or US territories.
• Free of artificial ingredients, including colors, flavors and preservatives.
• Free of genetically modified ingredients.
• Made with domestic, non-petroleum based vinegar, where vinegar is used.
• And unpasteurized, if the product is kombucha.
• Made with ingredients that are foraged or grown:
• With respect for seasonality.*
• Without the use of synthetic inputs, including herbicides, pesticides, fungicides or fertilizers.
Additionally, pickles entries must fit within one of the following subcategories:
*Ingredients that make up less than 2% of the product, such as spices, may be sourced from farther afield.