In order to be eligible for a Good Food Award, pantry entries must meet the following standards:
• Made in the USA or US territories.
• Made with a balanced objective of local, organic and highest-quality.*
• Made with transparency in supply chain.**
• Free of high fructose corn syrup and artificial ingredients, including colors, flavors and preservatives.
• Made with rBGH-free milk, where milk is used.
• Made with domestic, non-petroleum based vinegar where vinegar is used.
• Free of genetically modified ingredients.
• Made with spices that are certified organic, Fair Trade or traceable to the farm level.***
Additionally, pantry entries must fit within one of the following subcategories:
• Pantry Sauces & Pastes (e.g., miso, sambal, curry paste, hot sauce, BBQ sauce)
• Salsas, Relishes & Chutneys (e.g., onion chutney, tomatillo salsa)
• Condiments (e.g., mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard)
• Flavor Bases (e.g., fish sauce, soy sauce)
• Maple Syrups
• Nut Butters
*Ingredients that make up less than 2% of the product, such as spices, sugar or lemon juice, may be sourced from farther afield, or from a larger distributor.
**That is, an earnest attempt is made to verify the origin and production methods of the ingredient. If made with ingredients that are not grown domestically on a commercial scale, a farm-direct or certified organic source is sought out and documentation of this search, including notes on calling distributors, is provided.
***If less than 2% of ingredients in the product do not meet this stipulation, the entry will not be disqualified.
Does this sound like you? Enter your products in the 2018 Good Food Awards from now until July 31, 2017. (Please note that products will not be eligible for entry if they won a Good Food Award in 2017.)