In order to be eligible for a Good Food Award, beer entries must be:
• Made in the USA or US territories.
• Certified organic, or meet at least four of the following eligibility criteria:
• Made with at least one ingredient (besides water and yeast) sourced within 150 miles. Malt will be considered “local” if sourced from a local malter.
• Made with at least one ingredient (besides water) that is grown without the use of synthetic inputs, including herbicides, pesticides, fungicides or fertilizers.
• Made by a brewery that has made concrete water recycling or other resource efficiency improvements in the production or delivery process in the last three years.
• Made by a brewery that engages deeply with its community by participating in a sustainably-minded guild; offering paid time off for employees to volunteer for causes they believe in; or otherwise offers substantial support to its community.
• Made by a brewery that prioritizes resource or consumer packing waste reduction through programs, such as mash repurposing, growler programs and container-related sustainability measures.
• Made by a brewery that proudly maintains one or more third-party accreditations embodying social responsibility and transparency.*
*Such as 1% for the Planet, B Corp, GMO-Free Project, Fair Trade or other local organizations focused on environmental and social responsibility.